Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Bits of my Weekend

Camping in Door County, Wisconsin with our good friends was great! The weather was warm, the sun was shining and the owls were singing. We made our food over an open campfire.....

we joked around (Our friend Jenene and my hubbie Don love to tease each other)........


My boys and my hubbie ham it up for the camera.....


the boys played baseball with a ball of aluminum foil and a stick (so simple, but so much fun!)...........


I snacked on a couple of tart wild apples on a short walk.............


we hiked and climbed to the top of the Peninsula State Park tower to get a better view of the magnificent area.....


Jenene's and our boys, loved the look-out tower overlooking Green Bay......
We enjoy our annual trips to Door County, Wisc. each year, that as soon at the opportunity to book the next trip comes up, we do! The same weekend, and same sites each year. We wouldn't miss it for the world. The phases of our lives continually change, but we will always find the time and spend the effort to reconnect with our dearest friends. Even after the kids are grown and gone, Jenene and Don and I will continue our tradition of early fall camping together. Who knows, we may add a few more weekends to the calendar!
I look forward to the next trip.








1 comment: