Monday, April 18, 2011
Sorry all, I could not help myself.
It can be just this overwhelming for many. Myself included. So much paperwork and back-up documentation.
But, I like to think that since many of us have made less money than in years past, we hopefully could be getting a bit of a refund this year. (Hopefully)
I for one, will put my refund to good use...I will pay a bill or 2. Boring I know but it will make me feel better to know that I have one less bill to pay...at least for another month.
I hope you too will find the silver lining, in this otherwise daunting time of the year. You still have a few hours to get those taxes in! Good Luck!
Monday, April 11, 2011
I have great news! Longaberger just announced that they are putting the discontinued Artwork on the Wednesday Special this week! (Perfect timing for a Spring Home Spruce up!)
I am super excited because I was unable to pick up the Poppy prints I had planned to buy before they retired. Now I will! :)
I hope you find a much coveted print you had wanted to get on the list of those avialable! Don't miss this Special!
It is Weds. April 13th ONLY!
From 11:00am until they sell out on Weds. only!
www.longaberger.com/jeanninezito (Click here on Weds to order!)
The artwork is really nice quality. American made, hardwood frames, most are matted and have glass.
Waterfront View- Original price 75.00 sale 37.50
Harbor at Sunset same as above
Contemporary Fruit- 110.00 sale 55.00
Fall Landscape - 64.00 sale- 32.00
Front porch same as above
Peaceful Morning lake view- 54.00 sale 27.00
American Breeze - 75.00 sale 37.50
Peaceful walk (set of two) 169.00 sale- 84.50
Contemporary Circles ( set of two) - 129.00- sale 64.50
Whimsical Frame Mirror 99.00 sale - 49.50
Linen Texture Framed mirror same as above
Orange Poppies ( set of two ) 149.00 sale-74.50
Botanical prints (set of two) 139.00 sale - 69.50
Tropical Fern (set of two ) 149.00 sale - 74.50
Sunday, April 10, 2011
We have been waiting patiently here in the Chicago Land area for Mr Sun. He finally made his appearance both yesterday and today. In fact, today I think we topped 84 degrees!
(Ok there was
bit alot of humidity with that heat)
but still and all, the sun was a welcome sight.
I have finally gotten motivated to finish racking the yard and even fertilized my sad looking grass. All because, I know that tonight, we are in for some "whopping" storms ahead of an inevitable COLD front.
Tomorrow we are only expecting a high in the mid 50's.
Weather in this area can change with the snap of your fingers...I should just be grateful that we are not expecting snow...it has happened before!
So lets be grateful for the day we had and sing...Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. golden sun, please shine down on me...
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Do you all remember my April Resolution List I made last year?
To refresh you memory, here it is again...
My List:...and how I have managed to do this past year...
1. Start exercising regularly...OK, so I have not exercised too regularly, I have gotten better about making the effort, but I will try to get better about this one.
2. Sew some things for my home, myself, and my family...I have sewn some cute pillows for the family room and have made some table runners for the change of seasons, and I have even started to teach myself how to crochet. I feel progress has been made with this resolution! (Yea me!)
3. Have my sewing machine "tuned up" so sewing will be less of a chore...Yes! Last May I did have my machine tuned up...otherwise I could not have made my new sewing projects!
4. Visit family more often...I have made significant progress with is goal. I even was able to meet up with and visit my aunts and uncles in Utica, IL last summer. (Starved Rock State Park) Since they all live in different parts of the country, I thought this was a great opportunity to reconnect with them and it felt sooooo good. :) I have a "Kick a_ _" cool family!
5. Plant my veggie garden and actually "tend" it! I did it! I had so many tomatos, and zucchinis, I didn't know what to do with them!
6. Preserve some of the bounty of my garden...I am still finding recipes for this goal, I did, however make TONS of marinara sauce with all of those tomatoes and lots of zucchini bread that I froze and enjoyed throughout the winter :)
7. Plant a wildflower garden in the "way-back" of the yard...A work in progress...I plan to divide some of the plants I managed to propagate and make my wildflower garden bigger.
8. Learn to take better photos...epic FAIL! I think I will need to get a new camera, mine is just not cooperating lately. My son's $65 camera seems to take better pictures than my "fancy" one. :(
9. Brush up on my Spanish..FAIL again. I need to have my kids help me with this one. They need to MAKE me talk to them in Spanish and then correct me when I mess up. They just laugh at me.
10. Be more organized! I think I have improved. This will always be a work in progress.
11. Spend "quality" time with my family. YES! With our swimming schedule as it is, we do get lot of time to be together and we love it!
I think overall, I have made great strides on my list. I will continue to work on it and plan to add a few more goals to it this spring and summer. I'll keep you posted. Do you have any nagging goals for this year?
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Enjoy This Sweet Deal!
This great offer is for more than cake!
*Makes serving up side dishes easy and fun!
*Great size Pan for preparing smaller fruit and vegetable trays.
*Heat and serve tortillas for your next fiesta.
*Create a nice welcome for guests when you add lotion, soap, shampoo, bubble bath and more.
*Perfect for upcoming bridal showers and wedding gifts. Encourage those who purchase to write a special message to the happy couple on the unglazed bottom of the pan with a permanent marker.
*Include your favorite recipe and give it as a gift to a special woman in your life.
*Buy a set of 2 Pans to make a double-layer cake.
Order your own beautiful Woven Traditions Cake Pan on
Weds. April 6th here.
Here are some other ideas for this very practical piece!...
You may ask yourself, "Self, if I choose to bake a cake in this pan, how am I going to mix up"?
Order your own Longaberger Batter Bowl on Tuesday here!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Photo from BHG
Yes, I plan on being an early bird this year.
I am planning on planting some hearty cool weather plants this week.
Lettuce, spinach and some swiss chard is in the works.
I have gathered some buckets, pots and window boxes to get a jump on my planting.
The key in the Chicago land area at this time of the year, is to keep the containers of plants close to the house to ward off late season frost.
With the insanely high cost of produce in the grocery store these days, I am looking forward to growing and eating some homegrown organic HEALTHY vegetables.
A healthier, tastier menu will soon be served in the Zito house! :)
Saturday, April 2, 2011
SAVE 20% ON WOVEN TRADITIONS!
It only happens once a year, our annual 20% Off Pottery Sale. During April, save on dinnerware, cookware, bakeware and more ... everything Woven Traditions! check it out online...