Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Muffin Pan Pies



Images from Eggs on Sunday





One of my favorite places to visit while visiting Door County, Wisconsin is a wonderful little shoppe called "Sweetie Pies". They make the most delicious pies. I buy them frozen, so all I have to do is to pop them into the oven and bake. They are homemade and are made to look that way. No one knows the difference. Ha!



My husband does give me a bit of a hard time in that I do not attempt to tackle the daunting task of making a flaky crust. Mine always turns out pretty tough. What can I say? I am not a baker by nature. I did however, find a really good recipe for a pie crust using butter and not lard or Crisco. It is wonderful! To make your own wonderful Muffin Pan Pies using the butter crust pie recipe click here. To find the beautiful glazed pottery muffin pan shown in the top picture to make your Muffin Pan Pies in, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment