Get your own free Blogoversary button!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

August ... A Change of Seasons


Gosh! I looked at the calendar just last week, and realized that the summer is almost over! The summer has simple blown by at blistering speed. I apologize for not keeping up on my blog site this summer, but am looking forward to the onset of my favorite time of the year...Fall.

The dog days of summer are still upon us, but I am anticipating the start of the next school year, and am looking forward to cooler nights, and that crisp smell of leaves in the air.

I am planning to do some more outdoor projects in the much more comfortable weather this fall. I seem to become a bit more domestic during this time of the year too. I love to bake, cook and transition the house to the warm cozy atmosphere I enjoy throughout the winter. My blogging in the upcoming months will reflect this.

Let's start right now! Here is a wonderful recipe I got last year in Ohio while visiting Longaberger's Big Basket... (The Longaberger Co. home office) I will talk more about the Big Basket is an upcoming blog on fun places to see in the USA.

Longaberger Apple Cider Syrup

1/2 cup sugar
4 t. cornstarch
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1 cup apple cider or apple juice
1T. lemon juice
2T. butter or margarine

In a small saucepan stir together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Then, stir in the apple cider or apple juice and lemon juice. Cook and stir the mixture over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Then cook and stir for 2 more minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the butter or margarine till melted. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.

This Longaberger recipe is very tasty. It makes a great apple dip. It is a fall/autumn kind of recipe. It works perfect in the Longaberger Salt Crock or the new Low Bowl. Fill the Vegetable Bowl with apple slices. This could make a great sauce for over ice cream. I haven't tried it yet, but I think this would be good on apple pancakes too!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really delicious! I can't wait for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on fall! I am so tired of this summer, just went outside for a few minutes and got 5 mosquito bites. Only part I am not looking forward to is Gabe leaving. :( I know you are feeling that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weather of high temps and high humidity will not be missed. The kids will be.

    ReplyDelete