Decorating, entertaining, gardening, family fun, and a little home made
"bling" makes this gal happy.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Roasted Vegetable Soup from the Garden
I made this recipe yesterday. I originally found it in a Good Food magazine years ago. This is one of the best recipes ever! So simple too! Roasting the vegetables gives them a sweet, smoky flavor. Serve this soup with slices of crusty Italian Bread, or with toasted cheese sandwiches. Yum!
Roasted Vegetable Soup:
Prep: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour 30 minutes
• 6 beefsteak tomatoes, halved and cored
• 2 leeks, white and pale-green parts cut into 1/2-inch pieces (or onions)
• 2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
• 4 cloves garlic (or more if you love it like I do)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In roasting pan, toss tomatoes with leeks, carrots, garlic, and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in a single layer (tomato cut sides down) until tender, 1 hour. Using tongs, peel off tomato skins.
2. In saucepan, bring vegetables, vegetable broth, and 1 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
3. In batches, puree in blender. Stir in basil. Heat through and enjoy!